The video will be a fast-moving, kinetic, entertaining, and educational commercial following a man's journey of becoming a teacher through iTeach.
- The camera pushes in towards a happy teacher in a colorful classroom full of students. He looks straight into the camera and delivers a line with the utmost confidence. "I know what you're thinking. How did a Joe Schmoe like me become such a great teacher? Well..." This puts into motion a fun flashback montage. The camera whip pans into the montage.
- We see the teacher in his former job, as a staff accountant. His office is bland and desaturated. "When I graduated college, I spent years working a desk job." We barely see his eyes over a huge stack of papers. "What? Were you expecting something glamorous?"
- We cut to him walking home from work on the streets of Las Vegas, briefcase in hand. "I didn't feel fulfilled. And then it hit me..." A newspaper flies in the wind and literally hits him directly in the face. He grabs the newspaper off his face and looks at it– on the front page is a story about a teacher changing kids lives. "I realized that teaching was what I wanted to do– I wanted to leave my mark on the next generation of students."
The man mouths the words. "But how?" Suddenly a rock hits him on the top of the head. He looks up and is surprised to see a large billboard. "iTEACH... TEACHER CERTIFICATION... LEAVE YOUR MARK". He looks up and conveys a face that would say 'well, that was easy' (Obama face).
- The man is at his computer that evening applying for iTeach. The camera zooms around him in a circle as he quickly and easily applies. "With iTeach, all I had to do was apply,"
- The camera continues to rotate around him at his computer but it's now day time. He works on his iTeach coursework. "...complete my coursework,"
- The man is now in a classroom doing his student teaching. He looks at his supervising teacher. She gives him, with full cheese, a victorious thumbs up. "...and get hired." He gives a thumbs up right back.
- We're now back where we started, with him teaching a class full of students. "And that is how I became a teacher". He smiles at the camera before a piece of paper flies and hits him in the face, ruining his triumphant moment. Smash cut to title: iTeach Nevada - Your Route to Becoming a Teacher
The 60 second video will be delivered within 6-8 weeks of production. More in-depth timeline will be discussed and displayed on the statement of work.
(click on image to watch video)
DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB
Why it's referenced: Comedic, entertaining and fast moving
Why it's referenced: Exciting, fast moving camera-work/editing
Travel expenses will be reimbursed. Estimated travel expenses are $2,510.*